OpenPhysio is on an indefinite hiatus, and will no longer be accepting new submissions. See the news post for more information.
Aims and scope
OpenPhysio is an open access, peer-reviewed academic journal with an emphasis on innovative approaches to teaching and learning in physiotherapy. We accept papers that deal with the classroom, community and clinical contexts and encourage authors to take a critical perspective on physiotherapy education and share their ideas on different ways to think about teaching and learning. OpenPhysio is also a developmental journal, which means that our processes are designed to assist novice authors and peer reviewers present the best versions of their work, and we encourage contributions from anyone interested in improving physiotherapy education.
Benefits of publishing your work in OpenPhysio.
- Immediate publication: Your article is available to the public soon after submission and before peer-review.
- Open peer review: Authors and named peer reviewers
worktogether to improve the article.
- Transparent peer review: Peer reviews and author responses are published alongside the final article, providing transparency to the review process.
- Authors retain their intellectual property: All articles published on OpenPhysio are licensed with a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license and the journal does not require a transfer of copyright.
- Open access: There are no access fees for readers and no page fees for authors. OpenPhysio is free to submit to and free to read
. Articlesare first class internet citizens: Your articles can be enhanced with images, audio, tagging, hyperlinks, and video.