Note: This episode was recorded in 2021, about a year into the pandemic.
In this episode I speak with Shaun Cleaver, Sidhiprada Mohapratra, and Mathieu Simard, about their article describing their experiences as early-career academics affected by the Covid-19 pandemic and lockdown. As part of the review process there were significant pieces of the article that the reviewers asked to be removed as they were not central to the main thrust of the work. I thought the sections that came out were nonetheless important to consider and so asked the three authors if we could talk about those aspects of their work that didn’t make it into the final publication.
Article citation: Cleaver, S., Mohapratra, S. & Simard, M. (2021). Contagious precarity: A collective biographical analysis of early-career physiotherapist academics’ experiences of the COVID-19 pandemic. OpenPhysio.
Related: Ellis, B., Rowe, M. & Cleaver, S. (2020). English language dominance of the profession. In beta podcast.
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, McGill University, Canada
- The Global Health Rehabilitation Initiative (GHRI)
- Recherche d’organismes communautaires en tant que partenaires dans le cadre du cours CHAPP
- Twitter: @ShaunCleaver
- ORCID: 0000-0002-9615-0665
- Department of Physiotherapy, Manipal College of Health Professions, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal-576104, India
- ResearchGate profile
- Twitter: @Sidhi_Mohapatra
- ORCID: 0000-0002-6343-8195
- PhD candidate at McGill University. Lecturer (non-faculty) at Université du Québec à Chicoutimi.
- Chair: Task Force on Disability, Humanitarian Emergencies and Disability at Rehabilitation International. Co-chair: International Commission on Technology and Accessibility. Assisting and member through RI of Global Alliance for Disaster Resources Acceleration and the Disability inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction network.
- ORCID: 0000-0002-8890-6864